Monday 1 November 2010

Menu sorted....

Monday: Roast Chicken Dinner
Tuesday: Home-made Chili Con Carne
Wednesday: Mother in law's for Tea!!
Thursday: Cawl
Friday: Bonfire Night!!! Fireworks and food with the family and friends over my mums.
Saturday: Homemade Pizza's, homemade potato and sweet potato wedges and homemade garlic bread.
Sunday: Beef Casserole and Vegetables

All the above meals shouldn't really be too fattening as I use fry-light or dry fry where possible and drain any fat off anyway...and as a desert I try to do fruit, fruit salad, sugar free jelly(with fruit) or a homemade fruit juice ice lolly. 

I am going shopping tonight for anything I haven't already got so I will tell you how much my food shopping was.  I would like to point out in addition to the above, I will need to get fresh fruit, yoghurts, milk and bread(although I do intend to try and make some where possible) and sandwich stuff for us all for the week but that should come to much!

As Christmas is approaching I am making a conscious effort to try and use up as much as I can in my kitchen cupboards and freezers....So there may be some "Freezer Surprise" meals along the way!!!!

This week is also the start of a more healthy lifestyle for all of us(myself, husband, 3 children and dog!!) as the scales scared the life out of me this morning!!!  We do shave a wii fit so I am going to try and exercise using that and I may have to dust off some exercise dvd :o(  ,I would like to go swimming at least once a week, maybe twice and will try to walk the dog for 30-45mins a day.  I need to get fit, but don't want to pay for gym membership.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good Nellilou - you should invest in an Easiyo yoghurt maker - they have them in Julian Graves and Lakeland, but you may get a good starter kit deal on QVC (surprisingly that's where I got mine) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete