Tuesday 2 November 2010

Sorted!

Well I finally managed to go shopping last night and was quite impressed that it came to £70, this was for 7 days worth of breakfast, lunch and dinners, fresh fruit, milk and bread, fruit juices, so this worked out as costing about £10 to feed the five of us!!  There was an excellent deal on apples which were originaly £2.50 for a BOX and were reduced to £1 so I had 2!!! In my family we all have 1 or 2 apples a day so that's 10 gone on the 1st day!!!

I know that this week is not a regular week because of Bonfire night but I am hopeful of sticking a similar budget next week!  

I will be starting making some presents for Christmas very soon.   I am a great believer of trying to make as much as I possibly can.  I have kept the lids of air freshners and Douwe Egberts jars to transform......photos when they are done!!!  Trust me they will be lovely-I promise!!   I have also bought some blank calendars that I will be decorating, I have already made and bottled some, sloe gin, blackberry vodka and damson vodka which I will be giving too.

I also make my own jewellery, cards and knit so there are plenty of options for a more economical Christmas that is not cheap!  If you know what I mean.....:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment