Wednesday 3 November 2010

Soup!!

Here is a recipe for a soup I tried recently and as all the ingredients are cheapat the moment.  It is a hearty, healthy soup that is nice and thick and lush with a piece of home made bread.

Sweet Potato and Leek Soup

Pack of leeks(Aldi - 59p)
Pack of sweet Potatoes(Aldi - 69p)
Some fresh Ginger(your preference)
1 onion
2 Vegetable stock cubes
1.5 pints of boiling water

Peel all the vegetables and swet potatoes.  Fry the onions and leeks until soft, add sweet potatoes,  Then add the stock and bring to the boil.  I add the ginger at this point. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft(which doesn't take as long as normal potatoes) about 20-25 mins.  When cooled slightly liquidize to a thick(baby foodish) consistency and enjoy!!!!

I usually freeze half of this and still have enough for my husband and I to have a big bowl full and you will also have 2 hearty meal for another day, all for less than £2...Bargain.

I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do

No comments:

Post a Comment