Tuesday 4 January 2011

Vegetables set for the composter make a delcious meal

i was sorting out my fridge and found some parsnips that had been bought for Christmas day cwtched up in the fridge!!!  The were feeling a bit sorry for themselves but were still hanging in there!!  I then decided that they needed to be turned into something delicious and this is what I made:-
 
Spicy Roasted Parsnip and Carrot Soup
 
3 decent sized Parsnips(cut into chunks, roasted for 20 mins, Gas 5)
4 decent sized carrots peeled and sliced
1 large Onion chopped
2 knorr Stock cubes(vegetable)
1 tsp of mild curry powder

Fry onions in a large saucepan, when soft add carrots and roasted parsnips and stir again. Add enough water to start the vegetables floating and bring to the boil. Add stock cubes and curry powder and stir until the stock cubes are dissolved. Simmer until carrots are sof and once cooled a bit liquidize( I like a baby food consistency but you can add water if that is too thick!. Enjoy xx
 
I have had a hectic day as the younger chidren went back to school today and my oldest goes back tomorrow...they were still in Christmas holiday mode which meant that they were still awake at midnight!!!  I wasn''t a happy mummy but I know they should be back in to a routine by the end of the week!!!  I am, therefore, extremely tired...so I will bid you farewell.  I should be in a much perkier and happier mood tomorrow!
 
Nitey nite xx

No comments:

Post a Comment